Friday, January 5, 2007

An old poem

I wrote this under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit as a new Christian. I'm still blown away by how the truth of Kingdom living became alive for me and still grows in me...

I never thought I could be filled with holy fire
I never thought God could come and live inside me.
Why didn't I come sooner to the Presence and the Power?
I didn't think it was possible to do.

I thought God was a figment of the world's imagination
A thought, a hope that maybe something's out there.
I didn't need to hang on to such childish ideas
I didn't think it was necessary to do.

Then suddenly He came to me
The Way, the Truth, the Life
And demanded a decision - would I follow?
My yes became the doorway that has opened up my heart
I gave my heart to Jesus for all time - what else could I do?

Light and joy and fellowship and springs of living water
Holy Spirit fire and the challenge to move mountains.
God wants us to be part of the truth of incarnation
God with us and us in God - I want that, how about you?

4 Comments:

At January 6, 2007 at 12:12 PM , Blogger MJ said...

Irresitable, isn't it?

 
At February 13, 2007 at 10:06 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, my goodness! We're having our first big snow in Sewickley in 2 years and I'm just lazing around catching up on the computer and I FOUND YOU! It's Debbie Franzen. What a joy to hear about all that God is doing in your life! I'm still writing and speaking and MISSING YOU! I'm trying to figure out how to do this blog thing so maybe your beautiful site will encourage me to figure this out!

I'll be back!

Blessings!

 
At February 13, 2007 at 12:24 PM , Blogger glorydancer said...

Hi, Debbie!

I'm also getting snow. Maybe you have just inspired me to add to my blog, it's been awhile.
I miss Sewickley, but this area has been a blessing from the Lord for my healing and anointing for ministry.

Let me know where your blog can be found!

Blessings to you too!

 
At February 22, 2007 at 2:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Elaine...So EXACTLY how far are you from Sewickley. I'd love to catch up sometime and hear about what God has been doing...I'm sure it's been incredible!

No blog for me yet...Still trying to get this home/cyberschool thing up and running. Then I'll try the blog thing.

Miss you! Debbie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home