Friday, January 5, 2007

Thoughts on America's Next Top Model


I've been laid up with a back thing for a week. It just so happened that this week there was a marathon of every episode of ANTM. I find myself absorbing some powerful stuff from this pop culture celebration of fashion and beauty. One of the main themes of the show is encouraging the girls to let themselves shine, to get over the hesitation of insecurity and lack of confidence. That's my biggest issue! One God has been working overtime on for a few years now. And this week I think I'm getting it! When I could move, head downstairs for a snack or whatever, I could feel a difference in my self image. Even though I was grungy, with rat's nest hair, sweats, walking funny, I felt beautiful and six feet tall! I'm feeling it! I'm strong, talented, valuable. I sure hope this feeling lasts in the real world...

1 Comments:

At January 6, 2007 at 12:15 PM , Blogger MJ said...

The first time I saw you was the day you did that dance at church. It made John and I both cry. The first thought that popped into my head was "Absolutely Striking!" You are that. I am so glad I am getting the chance to get to know you.See you sunday.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home